G-1 Transformers - Collections

View previous topic View next topic Go down

G-1 Transformers - Collections

Post by Uncle Tony on Fri May 10, 2013 9:58 am

One of the most sort after toys in the 8o's was the Transformers line....
Many people to this day still chase down those hard to find robots to complete their collection (if that is ever possible)

Here are a few of my own Transformers from when I was a kid....

Uncle Tony's Transformers Page

feel free to post some of your own cool Transformers

Transformers: Generation 1 was a children's toy line that ran from 1984 to 1991 and was produced by Hasbro. It was a line of toy robots that could change into an alternate form (vehicles such as cars and planes, miniature guns or cassettes, monsters, and even dinosaurs) by moving parts into other places, and it was the first line of toys produced for the successful Transformers toy and entertainment franchise. The line was originally called The Transformers. Hasbro eventually adopted the term "Generation 1" to refer to any toy produced in that era.

Two characters - each the greatest leader of his side, became the most iconic representatives of the series: Optimus Prime of the Autobots and Megatron of the Decepticons. After the featured film, Megatron was reformed as Galvatron, and Optimus Prime was replaced for a time by Rodimus Prime, only to return later on. Both Optimus Prime and Megatron continued to appear in one form or another in subsequent Transformers series, where they maintained their leadership roles.

The toys made use of molds and designs primarily from the Microman and Diaclone lines. The 1985 toyline introduced the idea of special subgroup teams like the Dinobots, Constructicons and Insecticons. Toward the end of the animated series’ second season, several characters from the 1986 line were introduced, particularly the Combiner teams.

Last edited by Uncle Tony on Tue May 21, 2013 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://www.uncletonystoys.com.au

Back to top Go down

Re: G-1 Transformers - Collections

Post by Wednesday Toys on Fri May 10, 2013 3:35 pm

I'll post up some of my lovely 'Bots and 'Cons over the weekend! One of my dear friends in the States has every G1 Transformer, plus a lot of reference stuff and other Transformers based off the G1 line - pretty much the whole upper story of his house is dedicated to Transformers. I'll see if I can find his youtube video while I'm at it!

Transformers was my favourite toyline of the 80s - as awesome as other toylines were, I went bananas whenever I received a TF toy, and the cartoons were the reason to wake up on a Saturday morning!

And those guys are in great nick, Tony!

Wednesday Toys - Toy Enthusiast Forum Australia - Facebook - Twitter
Wednesday Toys
Admin

View user profile http://www.wednesdaytoys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wednesday Toys on Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 am

Here are the bulk of my originals - there's two at least that I've forgotten to include - and I didn't include any KOs or re-issues here. All of these guys have been played with heaps, so their conditions vary... but they are all part of my humble private collection Very Happy

I just put up some more pics of my private collection - 'mint on sealed card' toys, including some retro toys in the Your Collection topic.

Wednesday Toys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wednesday Toys on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:01 am

Over at The Spacebridge at the moment they've got some pictures of metallic G1 Transformers, like Starscream and Thundercracker, that were apparently made back in the 80s and would have been given away as prizes by retailers.  They were never released to the public, and I shudder to think what they'd be worth on eBay!  Still, interesting shiny toys to look at!

Wednesday Toys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum